When I meet and interview a potential new business partner, I often hear the same excuses on why someone won’t be successful in business.With a little Life Coaching you can get past these “reasons”
To new Entrepreneurs, this can sometimes get frustrating. I used to be one of those frustrated Entrepreneurs. Fifteen years later, I’ve been around for awhile and worked on myself, big time! I’ve had some Life Coaching from mentors and personal development programs. Now, I see these excuses as self limiting belief, that only exist in someone else’s world. The first step is to identify the self limiting belief. The top 5 I hear are:
- I’m not a salesperson. I love this one. Especially when, you don’t need to be a salesperson. But, unfortunately, some people have that mental block and can’t get past it. First off, sales is about relationships. All you need to do is build and grow the relationships. If you focus on that, you will be fine. Provide value and the marketplace will work with you. In my business opportunity, the only sale, is selling the appointment. After you have made the appointment, the tools and your sponsor(up line), do the rest of the work. It really is as simple as that.
- I can’t change who I am. As Jim Rohn says “If you don’t like how things are, change it! You’re not a tree.” This means, you CAN change. You just need to want to change. Another saying is “There is no can or can’t, only will or won’t.” People need to wipe the word “can’t” from their vocabulary. Instead use the word “won’t”. My wife often says “I can’t wake up early” Wrong, you can, you just choose not to.(I’m not afraid to put this in my blog, because my wife won’t read this anyways, but that’s for another post on) If you want change, you just need to change your habits. It really is that simple. IF you want to learn a new trade or get in shape, but are having a difficult time, finding the time, get up earlier! Create that habit. Or block off a certain hour in your calendar and set a reminder in your phone, for every day at that time to study or workout, or whatever it is, that you WANT to do. As my parent’s always told me growing up “You can do anything you want to do” Unfortunately, I had a difficult time being an NFL Linebacker at 5’6″ running a 5.0 40 yard dash. So I’m hear speaking to you instead. If you’re looking to create some positive habits and don’t know where to start, some Life Coaching is a good place to start. Seek out a mentor to help with that.
- “I don’t know anybody” Simple solution for this self-limiting belief also. Meet people! Talk to people! Join a business networking group. Speak to your neighbors, your server, your barber, the person sitting next to you at Starbucks. Go to “meetup.com” Find a group that fits. There are thousands! Also, there’s the internet. On Facebook there are groups for anything you can think of. And many of them! You just need to break out of your comfort zone.
- I don’t have enough time. We all only have 24 hours in a day. And we are ALL using all 24 hours. None of us have “spare” time. We all use our time based on our priorities. Some of us feel we need 4 hours of TV or more, some feel 2 hours, some feel 1 hour, some of us don’t watch tv at all! (Maybe a Bears game here or there…) I promise, if you believe you don’t have enough time to take on a new opportunity, let me spend some time with you. I will help you find some time. We all have areas of our life that we could be more efficient at. Everybody has the same amount of time in the day. If you’re someone who wishes you had more time (like 99 percent of the world), what you’re really asking for is a better way to manage your priorities so you can optimize the time you already have. If you’d like help, email me and I will help! I’ve added Life Coaching to my list of things that I’m willing to help with.
- My family or job needs me. IF this is true, you need to improve your leadership ability. As Lau Tzu, the ancient philosopher once said, “A leader is best when people barely know he exists. Of a good leader, who talks little, when his work is done, his aim fulfilled, they will say, ‘we did this ourselves.’” Once again, with a little Life Coaching, you can learn to be a more effective leader.
If you’ve attempted these things and you’re still struggling, I recommend Landmark. Landmark can help you eliminate ALL self-limiting beliefs. Landmark will allow you to do some Life Coaching for yourself! It has worked for me.
Get Value? I started this home business to spend more time with my kids and be a better father. 3 boys are expensive to raise so I needed to create another revenue stream. Help me by Saving 5% on your energy costs with me. Help stop Air Pollution! Choose Green energy. And Support me! Thank you
Are you ready for mentorship to take things to the next level? CLICK HERE Did you receive value from this post? Please comment, share and tweet!!! Why am I all over the internet all of a sudden?What Is MLSP? CLICK HERE!