I don’t know about you, but I often enter my home office(my basement) and wonder, “How can I Improve productivity?” While my kids are running around shooting me with Nerf Guns.
For me, my goal is freedom! Not to work all of the time! That’s a fine line to walk. I recently had a coaching call with Adam Chandler, and he highlighted how important it was for me to improve productivity. In an effort to get that productivity, I’ve been searching for some rules to apply to my processes. Given that I have a full time job AND three young boys, it’s key, that I increase my productivity. I picked up a few things from Adam and also, Tim Ferris in his book, “The 4 Hour Work Week”. (Thanks Alex Hogan for recommending!)
- You must have a quiet space and quiet time. If you’re at work, put up a “Do Not Disturb” sign on your cubicle or office door. IF you’re at home, make sure your spouse and kids know, you are NOT TO BE DISTURBED.
- Often times, we are interrupted most my emails or your phone ringing. I’ve recently updated my email and voicemail l to say “Due to high workload, I am currently checking and responding to email twice daily at 12:00 PM and 4:00 PM.
If you require urgent assistance,(Please ensure that it is URGENT) that cannot wait until either 12:00 PM or 4:00 PM, please TEXT me”Thank you for understanding this move to more efficiency and effectiveness, It helps me to accomplish MORE by eliminating interruptions.”
- Outsource what you can. I stink at tech stuff. So, I recently outsourced some website design stuff, to a friend of mine that is much better at that stuff than I am. But, you also can outsource to people in China and India. When outsourcing anything that decisions must be made on, make sure you have a CLEAR set of rules to go by.
- I recommend having a daily list of activities. You also should have 3-4 non-negotiable activities on this list. Activities that you MUST do. Quite often, I don’t accomplish all that I set out to do, but when I have those 3-4 must-do’s, I knock those out. If you’re like me, sometimes your day gets away from you… Don’t beat yourself up and be down on yourself. This is counter-productive. Just remember, tomorrow is a new day. Start the next day right and get back on track!
- Plan phone calls to leads, prospects, and follow ups, in advance! Every day at 6 PM, I plan my following day. My 3-4 MUST DO activities along with the phone calls I’m going to make. IF I don’t do this, I usually forget to make those calls. So for me, this is very important to plan ahead.
IF these guidelines resonate for you, please use what I’ve shared. Otherwise, I strongly recommend creating your own guidelines to increase productivity
Get Value? I started this home business to spend more time with my kids and be a better father. 3 boys are expensive to raise so I needed to create another revenue stream. Help me by Saving 5% on your energy costs with me. Help stop Air Pollution! Choose Green energy. And Support me! Thank you
Are you ready for mentorship to take things to the next level? CLICK HERE Did you receive value from this post? Please comment, share and tweet!!! Why am I all over the internet all of a sudden?What Is MLSP? CLICK HERE!