Why should you choose Sustainability? Simple, do you love your family? Do you want your children and your grandchildren to enjoy life on Earth the way we know it? If so, it’s time to make some choices.
Here is some eye opening evidence of our impact on mother Earth
- Carbon Dioxide levels have NEVER been above 300 Parts Per Million in the last 400,000 years. They are currently over 400 PPM
- Sea Levels rose 6.7″ in the last century. But in the last decade, its DOUBLE that rate!
- From 2003-2008 Antarctic ice shelves lost 2.9 Trillion pounds of ice per year!
4. Greenland lost 36-60 Cubic Miles of ice per year from 2002-2006
5. Ocean Acidification(the amount of Co2 absorbed by the upper layer of the oceans) is INCREASING by 2 Billion tons per year(wow!!!)
As you can see, the trend is NOT our friend in this instance. We need to make changes, immediately if we want our children to enjoy the same planet we get to.
Most people think, sustainability costs more money than not being green. These people are WRONG. Many times you can choose green products for the same price of even less! Most of us aren’t even aware.
What are the 2 biggest areas that us as individuals can have an impact on?
Travel has the largest carbon footprint of all industries in the world. My sustainable living company, recently created a NEW product that will offset 100% of the carbon footprint generate by travel. And, this product will save you money over any other online site you can book from. Expedia, Trivago, Priceline, bookings.com, etc…You can learn more about Travel Light here
Another industry consumer’s can make a responsible choice to choose sustainability is energy. The creation of brown energy not only has the second largest carbon footprint of all industries, but it is also the leading cause of air pollution. Most people aren’t aware they can choose green energy, much less save money by doing so. By choosing 50% renewable energy, you have a larger impact, in terms of carbon footprint, than anything else you personally, can do, for mother Earth.
I’m sure everyone wants to preserve our planet, it’s just a matter of educating people.
It’s up to you, do you choose Green or Brown? Do you want to be sustainable or wasteful?
I choose sustainability for my planet and my life.